Work in the fun, fast-paced world of broadcast media with us at Pacific Media Group! In Oahu, we are 1027 Da Bomb, 947 KUMU, 1059 The Wave, and the NEW HI93. Our locally-owned and operated statewide group includes the #1 18 to 34 and 18 to 49 stations, two stations in the Top 5 in Honolulu, and the station with the most listeners in all of Hawaii.
We are looking for experienced and up and coming Media Consultants in our Sales Department. If your thing is all about events and promotions, there’s an opportunity for you, too. See the information below for the Promotions Assistant position. These media opportunities don’t come along too often. Check out detailed job descriptions for these opening positions below.
Pacific Media Group is an equal opportunity employer.
Pacific Media Group offers Full-Time employees medical and dental insurance, paid vacation leave, and 401k benefits.
Send your cover letter and resume to MayumiStevens@pmghawaii.com
- Develop new and maintain current client relationships.
- The Media Consultant should consistently meet individual sales goals and objectives by cultivating client relationships, acting as a resource, using creative marketing and problem-solving skills, and diligently looking for opportunities to increase revenue share by helping clients exceed their marketing, promotional, and awareness goals.
- Identify objectives, strategies and action plans to improve short- and long-term sales with each client.
- Manage all required paperwork (sales orders, production orders, promotion request forms, remote sheets) in a timely and accurate manner.
- Be available on an as-needed basis for any and all station promotions that require additional personnel as identified by station management
- Direct creative campaigns and create oral and written presentations
- Employee shall also perform other duties as may be needed, from time to time during the term of the Agreement, be assigned (in writing or otherwise) to Employee by Employer.
- Ability to develop trust and relationships easily.
- Demonstrated success with creating custom, integrated campaigns that include digital, event, and community outreach components.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required.
- Efficient in Microsoft Office Suite Programs (ie. Word, Powerpoint)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $30,000.00 – $126,803.00 per year
Education: Bachelor’s (Preferred)
Experience: Sales Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
Pacific Media Group is looking for part-time Promotions Assistants for its Honolulu radio cluster which includes 1027 Da Bomb, 947 KUMU, HI93 and 1059 The Wave. The Promotions Assistant will effectively and efficiently support events and online presence, representing the radio stations’ brand, local appeal, and initiatives while also promoting partner products and offers. If you love music and are interested in the entertainment industry, this is a great first step.
- Maintain the stations’ brands and imaging with effective street campaigns
- Prepare for, set up, and attend station events
- Support on-air personalities, greet listeners, entertain guests, distribute marketing collateral
- Collect and distribute social media and website content, provide photos with written recaps
- Maintain station equipment and materials
- High school diploma required
- Valid Driver’s License with positive driving history/experience
- Customer service experience, outgoing and comfortable meeting new people
- Ability to manage and operate audio equipment, pop-up tent, table, flags and banners
- Able to lift 25+ lbs
- Strong knowledge and understanding of social media platforms
- Comfortable operating within the stations’ websites
- Versatile and willing to assist other departments
Job Type: Part-time, On call